Submit a Resolution to SWAMC
SWAMC members and other regional stakeholders may submit a resolution for consideration by the SWAMC Board of Directors or membership. Please download the resolution forms or submit a draft in .pdf or .doc format.
Resolutions at the 2017 Annual Membership Meeting, March 3, 2017
SWAMC Resolutions 2017-01 through 2017-06
- MEMBERSHIP RESOLUTION 2017-01 - A RESOLUTION BY THE SOUTHWEST ALASKA MUNICIPAL CONFERERNCE (SWAMC) MEMBERSHIP URGING THE ALASKA LEGISLATURE TO ADOPT A SUSTAINABLE BUDGET PLAN FOR FY18 AND INTO THE FUTURE THAT BALANCES A COMBINATION OF INCREASED REVENUES AND SPENDING REDUCTIONS AND THAT DOES NOT DISPROPORTIONATELY DAMAGE THE DELIVERY OF VITAL SERVICES IN RURAL COMMUNITIES.
- MEMBERSHIP RESOLUTION 2017-02 - A RESOLUTION BY THE SOUTHWEST ALASKA MUNICIPAL CONFERENCE (SWAMC) MEMBERSHIP REQUESTING THE ALASKA LEGISLATURE AND GOVERNOR WALKER NOT TO IMPOSE ANY MORE CUTS TO THE ALASKA DEPARTMENT OF FISH & GAME (ADF&G) BUDGET AND PARTICULARLY TO THE DIVISION OF COMMERCIAL FISHERIES BUDGET AND THAT ANY TAX REVENUE GENERATED FROM NEW OR INCREASED STATE TAXES ON THE COMMERCIAL SEAFOOD INDUSTRY BE USED TO FILL THE FUNDING GAP FOR ADF&G AND PAY FOR CONTINUING EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT OF ALASKA’S COMMERCIAL FISHERIES.
- MEMBERSHIP RESOLUTION 2017-03 - A RESOLUTION BY THE SOUTHWEST ALASKA MUNICIPAL CONFERENCE (SWAMC) MEMBERSHIP REQUESTING THE ALASKA LEGISLATURE AND GOVERNOR WALKER APPROVE STATE FUNDING TO MATCH FEDERAL FUNDING FOR REPLACEMENT OF THE M/V TUSTUMENA.
- MEMBERSHIP RESOLUTION 2017-04 - A RESOLUTION BY THE SOUTHWEST ALASKA MUNICIPAL CONFERENCE (SWAMC) MEMBERSHIP GIVING STRONG SUPPORT FOR THE KODIAK SEAFOOD AND MARINE SCIENCE CENTER AND URGING THE UNIVERSITY OF ALASKA TO MAINTAIN THE CENTER AS AN IMPORTANT RESOURCE FOR THE STATE.
- MEMBERSHIP RESOLUTION 2017-05 - A RESOLUTION BY THE SOUTHWEST ALASKA MUNICIPAL CONFERENCE (SWAMC) MEMBERSHIP SUPPORTING THE GOVERNOR’S PROPOSED FY18 ALASKA MARINE HIGHWAY SYSTEM (AMHS) OPERATING BUDGET AND SUPPORTING FORWARD FUNDING FOR THE ALASKA MARINE HIGHWAY SYSTEM.
- MEMBERSHIP RESOLUTION 2017-06 - A RESOLUTION BY THE SOUTHWEST ALASKA MUNICIPAL CONFERENCE (SWAMC) MEMBERSHIP SUPPORTING A PROGRESSIVE GRADUATED STATEWIDE INCOME TAX AS PART OF A SUSTAINABLE BUDGET FOR THE STATE OF ALASKA.
Resolutions at the 2016 Annual Membership Meeting, Mar. 4, 2016
SWAMC Resolutions 2016-01 through 2016-03
- MEMBERSHIP RESOLUTION 2016-01 - A resolution of the SWAMC Membership to support the reauthorization and funding of the Alaska Regional Development Organizations (ARDOR).
- MEMBERSHIP RESOLUTION 2016-02 - A resolution of the SWAMC Membership urging the University of Alaska, University of Alaska Board of Regents, and the University of Alaska Fairbanks to reconsider the decision to close the University of Alaska Fairbanks Kodiak Seafood and Marine Science Center (KSMSC), formerly, and in Alaska statute (Title 16, Chapter 52), referred to as the Fishert Industrial Technology Center (FITC) and consider alternatives to this closure.
- MEMBERSHIP RESOLUTION 2016-03 - A resolution of the SWAMC Membership strongly opposing arbitrary taxation on the Alaskan seafood industry.
Resolutions at the 2015 Annual Membership Meeting, Mar. 6, 2015
SWAMC Resolutions 2015-01 through 2015-06
- MEMBERSHIP RESOLUTION 2015-01 - A resolution of the SWAMC membership urging congressional action to permanently exempt vessels less than 79 feet and all fishing vessels from EPA permits for discharges incidental to the normal operation of the vessel.
- MEMBERSHIP RESOLUTION 2015-02 - A resolution of the SWAMC membership opposing the nomination of the Aleutian Islands National Marine Sanctuary.
- MEMBERSHIP RESOLUTION 2015-03 - A resolution of the SWAMC membership supporting the full funding for the State of Alaska Harbor Facilities Grant Program in the FY16 state capital budget.
- MEMBERSHIP RESOLUTION 2015-04 - Failed - A resolution of the SWAMC membership requestingthe North Pacific Fisheries Management Council reduce halibut bycatch in the Bering Sea groundfish fishery.
- MEMBERSHIP RESOLUTION 2015-05 - A resolution of the SWAMC membership requesting Alaska Legislature to consider less severe cuts to the Alaska Public Broadcasting Service.
- MEMBERSHIP RESOLUTION 2015-06 - A resolution of the SWAMC membership supporting the strategic reduction of funding for the Alaska Marine Highway System.
Resolutions passed at the 2014 Annual Membership Meeting, Mar. 7, 2014
SWAMC Resolutions 2014-01 through 2014-17
- MEMBERSHIP RESOLUTION 2014-01 - A RESOLUTION OF THE SWAMC MEMBERSHIP REQUESTING THE ALASKA LEGISLATURE TO PROVIDE FULL CONSTRUCTION FUNDING IN THE FY15 CAPITAL BUDGET FOR A REPLACEMENT VESSEL TO THE M/V TUSTUMENA FOR SERVICE TO SOUTHWEST ALASKA
- MEMBERSHIP RESOLUTION 2014-02 - A RESOLUTION BY THE SWAMC MEMBERSHIP SUPPORTING THE CONTINUATION OF THE CURRENT REVENUE SHARING PROGRAM, WITH A $25 MILLION SUPPLEMENTAL TO ADDRESS ENERGY NEEDS.
- MEMBERSHIP RESOLUTION 2014-03 - A RESOLUTION SUPPORTING THE RATIFICATION OF THE UNITED NATIONS CONVENTION ON THE LAW OF THE SEA (UNCLOS)
- MEMBERSHIP RESOLUTION 2014-04 - A RESOLUTION OF THE SWAMC MEMBERSHIP REQUESTING THE ALASKA LEGISLATURE TO FUND A TRANPORTATION INFRASTRUCTURE FUND
- MEMBERSHIP RESOLUTION 2014-05 - A RESOLUTION BY THE SWAMC MEMBERSHIP SUPPORTING THE SOUTHWEST ALASKA MUNICIPAL CONFERENCE, AND THE ALASKA REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATION PROGRAM
- MEMBERSHIP RESOLUTION 2014-06 - A RESOLUTION OF THE SWAMC MEMBERSHIP URGING THE STATE OF ALASKA TO ADDRESS THE LONG-TERM ENERGY NEEDS OF ALASKAS WITH A STATEWIDE ENERGY PLAN TO SUPPORT THE ENERGY POLICIES AND PROGRAMS THAT PROVIDE IMMEDIATE AND NECESSARY RELIEF
- MEMBERSHIP RESOLUTION 2014-08 - A RESOLUTION OF THE SWAMC MEMBERSHIP SUPPORTING APPROPRIATION OF $3 BILLION FROM THE CONSTITUTIONAL BUDGET RESERVE INTO THE ALASKA RETIREMENT TRUST FUNDS IN 2015
- MEMBERSHIP RESOLUTION 2014-09 - A RESOLUTION OF THE SWAMC MEMBERSHIP SUPPORTING THE STATE OF ALASKA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY CONTINUING TO HOME-PORT THE ENFORCEMENT PATROL VESSEL STIMSON IN THE PORT OF DUTCH HARBOR AND REFITTING THE ENFORCEMENT PATROL VESSEL WOLSTAD.
- MEMBERSHIP RESOLUTION 2014-10 - A RESOLUTION OF THE SWAMC MEMBERSHIP OPPOSING THE PASSAGE OF HOUSE BILL 77 BY THE ALASKA LEGISLATURE
- MEMBERSHIP RESOLUTION 2014-11 - A RESOLUTION OF THE SWAMC MEMBERSHIP IN REGARDS TO U.S. CONGRESSIONAL BILL H.R. 4011 IN SUPPORT OF BYPASS MAIL IN BUSH ALASKA
- MEMBERSHIP RESOLUTION 2014-12 - A RESOLUTION OF SWAMC MEMBERSHIP RECOGNIZING THE SERIOUS PROBLEM OF ILLEGAL DRUGS COMING INTO OUR COMMUNITIES, RESOLVING TO WORK WITH ALL PARTIES TO BREAK THE FLOW OF ILLEGAL DRUGS AND URGING THE STATE OF ALASKA TO INCREASE EFFORTS TO STOP DRUG TRAFFICKING
- MEMBERSHIP RESOLUTION 2014-13 - A RESOLUTION URGING THE STATE OF ALASKA TO SUPPORT THE VILLAGE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROGRAM (VEEP)
- MEMBERSHIP RESOLUTION 2014-14 - A RESOLUTION OPPOSING THE PROPOSED BAN ON SET NETTING FOR SALMON IN COOK INLET
- MEMBERSHIP RESOLUTION 2014-15 - A RESOLUTION SUPPORTING THE ALASKA MARITIME WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT PLAN
- MEMBERSHIP RESOLUTION 2014-16 - A RESOLUTION OF THE SOUTHWEST ALASKA MUNICIPAL CONFERENCE SUPPORTING REINSTATEMENT OF FUNDING FOR WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT
- BOARD RESOLUTION 2014-17 - A RESOLUTION SUPPORTING ANALYSIS OF COMMUNITY FISHING ASSOCIATIONS FOR SOUTHWEST ALASKA FISHING COMMUNITIES IN THE GULF OF ALASKA BYCATCH MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
Resolutions passed at 2013 Annual Membership Meeting, Feb. 22, 2013
13-01: Offshore Revenue Sharing A resolution supporting efforts of Alaska’s Congressional Delegation to secure federal revenue sharing from Alaska offshore oil and gas development and urges the Alaska State Legislature to share these revenues with Alaskan communities.
13-02: Statewide Energy Solution A resolution supporting the need for a statewide energy plan, and policies and programs that provide the immediate and necessary assistance for today: The Power Cost Equalization Program, Energy Assistance Programs, Bulk Fuel and Power System Upgrade Programs, Alternative Energy and Energy Efficiency Programs, Weatherization, Rebate and Energy Loan Programs.
13-03: Community Revenue Sharing A resolution maintaining the annual $60 million Revenue Sharing payments for the fiscal years 2014 and beyond, as a vital component of the state Operating Budget.
13-04: Municipal Harbor Grant A resolution supporting full funding for Municipal Harbor Facility Grant Program in order to ensure enhanced safety and economic prosperity among Alaskan coastal communities.
13-05: Genetically Engineered Salmon A resolution opposing the United States Food and Drug Administration not to make a final decision regarding genetically engineered salmon until the United States Congress has fully examined the issue and the potential release of genetically engineered fish into the waters of the United States.
13-06: Tustumena Replacement A resolution supporting replacement of the aging M/V Tustumena at the top of Alaska’s Vessel Replacement Schedule and urging the Department of Transportation to begin the design process of a replacement vessel as soon as possible.
13-07: FSM Workforce Development A resolution supporting efforts by Industry and the University of Alaska to understand the current and future workforce needs of Alaska's Fisheries, Seafood and Maritime sectors.
13-08: Spill Response Training A resolution supporting progrmas and legislation that found progrmams in local coastal communities to train residents to in marin oil response.
13-09: Redistricting A resolution supporting a new redistricting pan fo rthe State of Alaska to accommodate socio-economic diversity and dies within the Southwest Region.
13-10: Weatherization A resolution supporting full funding of weatherization and home energy rebate programs at full funding to meet the critical energy efficiency needs of qualified Alaskans.
Other Documents of Interest:
- 2013 Resolution Package
- 2012 Resolution Package
- 2011 Resolution Package
- 2010 Resolution Package
- 2009 Resolution Package
- 2008 Resolution Package
To find resolutions prior to 2008, please contact the SWAMC office.